Re: Simple PL/SQL output question

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 15:47:21 +0000

How did you enable output?

On 9 Mar 2011 15:45, "Dennis Williams" <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

List,

I recently wrote a SQL script containing a PL/SQL anonymous block. I used
DBMS_OUTPUT to sent results to the screen. This worked fine when I copied
and pasted the script into a SQL*Plus session. However, when I just hit "r"
to rerun the script, I noticed that it produced no output. Later I passed
this to a user who ran it using Toad and got no output. Can anybody tell me
what (isn't) going on?

The reason I used PL/SQL in this manner is that I needed more logic than SQL
itself could provide. In our environment, creating database objects requires
a lot of red tape, but we have a read-only account that can be used to run
queries or ad-hoc scripts.

Thanks,
Dennis Williams