Shared Pool causing packages to automatically go invalid!

  • From: Paula Stankus <paulastankus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 13:46:38 -0800 (PST)

Guys,

  Version:  Oracle 8.1.7 - sigh

  I have been trying to get production owner accounts locked down to the dba
group and not opened to vendor with turn-over and staffing issues.  Today I
spent a good deal of time (less time next time) tracing a performance emergency
to one invalid package body.  I have some questions:

  -Is the last_ddl_time in user_objects the definitive time in which the
package could have become invalid?

  -Is there anyway for sure I can tell who, how, when a package became invalid?

  -The developer is saying that it relates to the size of the shared pool.  Can
the shared pool being "too" small cause a database object to just "go" invalid.
 I never heard of such a thing.

  Thanks,
  Paula

Low, Low, Low Rates! Check out Yahoo! Messenger's cheap  PC-to-Phone call rates.