Sftp for transport tablespace

  • From: "Kline.Michael" <Michael.Kline@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:52:57 -0500

I'm trying to use sftp for "security" reasons, but I've got some
tablespaces that are quite large, and they are giving me some very
strange errors. The old "bad" ftp routine handles these just perfectly.
The disk being sent to is more than large enough, some 60GB.

Can't find much on google, but there's talk that if it's a 32-bit module
it may not be able to handle files > 4gb. Still, these are only about
3GB.

Anyone recently, "Been there, done that, here's the solution?"

Thanks.

Is there a file size limit or something to sftp?

[/PFPRD_p013/oradata/PFPRD - oracle]

 ga016a28 -> ls -latr

total 43069648

drwxr-xr-x   3 oracle     oinstall        96 Mar 11  2003 ..

drwxr-xr-x   2 oracle     oinstall      8192 May 18  2004 .

-rw-r-----   1 oracle     oinstall   2097160192 Feb 14 21:15
iinc_r00_m2_01.dbf

-rw-r-----   1 oracle     oinstall   1053827072 Feb 14 21:15
istatus_r00_m2_01.dbf

-rw-r-----   1 oracle     oinstall   2207260672 Feb 14 21:15
instr_f00_m2_01.dbf

-rw-r-----   1 oracle     oinstall   3150979072 Feb 15 01:07
ivol_r00_m1_02.dbf

-rw-r-----   1 oracle     oinstall   9442435072 Feb 15 01:07
ledger_indx_01.dbf

-rw-r-----   1 oracle     oinstall   948969472 Feb 15 01:07
iother_r00_m1_01.dbf

-rw-r-----   1 oracle     oinstall   3150979072 Feb 15 01:07
ivol_r00_m1_01.dbf

 [/PFPRD_p013/oradata/PFPRD - oracle]

 ga016a28 -> cat $HOME/sftp.bat

cd  /PFRPT_TRANSPORT02/PFRPT

mput ivol_r00_m1*

quit

 [/PFPRD_p013/oradata/PFPRD - oracle]

ga016a28 -> sftp2 -b $HOME/sftp.bat ga016afe

sftp> cd  /PFRPT_TRANSPORT02/PFRPT

/PFRPT_TRANSPORT02/PFRPT

sftp> mput ivol_r00_m1*

ledger_indx_01.dbf: Undefined error occurred.

ivol_r00_m1_01.dbf: Undefined error occurred.

ivol_r00_m1_02.dbf: Undefined error occurred.

instr_f00_m2_01.dbf: Undefined error occurred.

sftp> quit

 [/PFPRD_p013/oradata/PFPRD - oracle]

 ga016a28 ->

Michael Kline
Database Administration
SunTrust Technology Center
1030 Wilmer Avenue
Richmond, Virginia  23227
Outside 804.261.9446
STNet 643.9446

Cell 804.744.1545
 <mailto:michael.kline@xxxxxxxxxxxx> michael.kline@xxxxxxxxxxxx
The information transmitted is intended solely
for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of or taking action
in reliance upon this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you have received this email in
error please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer. [ST:A234]