RE: Setup.exe not responding

  • From: Michael Thomas <mhthomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:06:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

--- "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here is what I have on the version 8.1 installer
> hanging on Pentium 4
> machines:
>
> There are 3 possible solutions

As a fourth solution, here is what I did once:

4) Copy the contents of v8.1.7 CDROM to hard disk.
Rename the sub-directory tree with the offending java
DLL. Its in two places on the 8.1.7 server CDROM, for
example. You might have to be a little clever to get
the correct level sub-directory (excercise for
reader).

Next, get the CDROM for 9.x.x server, and hunt down
the similar directories with the *working* java DLL.
Copy the *working* files and subdirectories into the
location you removed/renamed away. Test.

If you are really fancy, then you can re-burn your
v8.1.7 CDROM and it should now work as-is even on a P4
CPU. Re-label the new CDROM w/jit workaround-patch.
:-)

HTH

Regards,

Mike Thomas