Re: Setup.exe not responding

  • From: Jared.Still@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:02:21 -0700

oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 06/28/2004 12:01:28 AM:
> Hi All,
> Thanx for the help
> I have tried a number of things
>
> 1.)  SYMCJIT.dll renamed
> 2.)  Classpath , path changed to investigate a java related problem
> 3.) I have a earlier version of OUI  1.6.xxxx which runs on my machine
>     There I tried giving the products.jar of DBAStudio.
>     It gave a error message "OUI 1.7.014  or further needed"
>
> Any clues.
>
> On the net I have seen this problem is quite well known.
> And yet the only known solution is SYMCJIT.dll renaming.
>
> I have another question... .Y does one version of OUI work on my system
and
> the other does not?

First of all, you have failed to mention which version of Oracle this is.

If 10g, you may like to know that the 10g installer frequently doesn't
work properly on Windoze platforms.

On *several* servers, I have found it necessary to run the 10.x installer
from a terminal server session, as it will not work on the console.

Tier 1 support is baffled by this, and uninterested in pursuing it.

Jared