Setting SDU and tcp.nodelay

  • From: "J. Dex" <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 15:06:54 -0400

I want to try setting SDU for a 9207 database to see if it helps performance issues that we are having since moving a database to another location over a longer WAN (we have already eliminated other possible solutions). I have read a couple of documents on Metalink but I am still not sure how to know what to set SDU too? One doc said to set the SDU size as a multiple of the MSS but I am not sure how to tell what the Maximum Segment Size is. Another doc indicated that if the default is 2K, to double that and set it to 4096 bytes. Has anyone else had to do this? Any suggestions?

Also, are there any negative ramifications of having both tcp.nodelay and SDU set?

The next generation of Search?say hello! http://imagine-windowslive.com/minisites/searchlaunch/?locale=en-us&FORM=WLMTAG