RE: Session With oper EXCL is also waiting - where to now? (systemstate dump)

Hey Chris,

> Ah hah (see what it's waiting on...also any additional guidance from here?)
> Here's the HOLDER

I apologize for not analyzing the dump you provided, but do you have binds
in use on your instance?  I had a somewhat similar situation where AMM
caused the shared pool size to balloon to 11GB due to no binds.  Since the
stats collection by default invalidates cursors, the 250K
non-bind-variable-using cursors dependent on one table caused a 10-15 minute
library latch havoc when that table had its stats collected.

Your case sounds like it could be a little different, with the AMM
adjustment being the culprit, but I wonder if the underlying cause of
bindlessness could be at work here.

I ended up dumping AMM, which did wonders in lieu of not being able to use
binds from one vendor's app.  Having been able to chew Tom Kyte's ear in
person for a few minutes about my plan helped.  :)

Just a thought...

Rich