Re: Serving video from Oracle DB question

  • From: chet justice <chet.justice@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: michaeljmoore@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 23:41:26 -0400

First thing that comes to mind is Enterprise Content Management, aka
Just doing a quick search there, they have the Digital Asset
which should handle video.

I haven't used it all, I'm just aware of it.  I attended a presentation at
COLLABORATE by Billy Cripe <> who is an
ECM evangelist.

Hopefully this gets you started.  I'd be more than happy to introduce you to
Billy if you are interested.  If not ECM, he would definitely help get you
going in the right direction as he lives, eats and breathes this Content

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 7:53 PM, Michael Moore <michaeljmoore@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hello,
> I have a task to build a system that stores,categorizes and documents
> (video meta-data/tags) video content and makes it available to web servers.
> What Oracle database features can be used (should be used) ? How is this
> typically done? All I need is a few pointers in the right direction and I
> can research the details by myself. I'm just trying to avoid spending time
> researching solutions that are less than optimal.
> TIA for any pointers.
> Mike

chet justice