RE: Server Architecture

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>, "Oracle L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 13:11:22 -0500

Doesn't the oraenv script provide the knowledge of "what the home is
purely by virtue of the instance name"?

Just do:

. oraenv

At the ORACLE_SID = prompt, enter the sid you want, and you (should be)
guaranteed the correct ORACLE_HOME, right?

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Database Administrator, System & Product Technologies

ProQuest...Start here.