RE: Server Architecture

  • From: "Freeman, Donald" <dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <satheeshbabu.s@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 08:26:01 -0500

I'm certainly not the most experienced DBA on this board but It sounds
like virtualization without the virtual.   It sounds like a single point
of failure for 5 databases and, yes, it sounds like a big maintenance
headache.  I don't see a  licensing impact.  You have to license for the
number of processors on the box regardless.    Why not virtualize?

Donald Freeman
Database Administrator II
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Department of Health