RE: Seeking advice on potential 10g upgrade

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bjørn Dörr Jensen <b.d.jensen@xxxxxxx>, <janine@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:43:03 -0700

I tried that parameter (at the suggestion of Oracle Support), but unfortunately
it didn't work in my case.  I set it via ALTER SESSION rather than hint form,
but I would hope the effect is the same.  A hint that I did find to work when
testing the queries manually was RULE - but unfortunately I can't add hints in
my application, so I had to use stored outlines instead.

Thanks,
Brandon