RE: Seek Data Warehouse Design skill

I wasn't taking part in this debate because I usually have better things
to do, but it's Friday, around lunchtime, and busting some chops will
make my lunch taste better. So, how would you evaluate somebody's
"general intelligence"? IQ test? When we evaluate somebody's intelligence
without scientific method (and psychology is not quite an exact science,
except when one is being judged by a jury of his peers) we're actually
estimating somebody's similarity to ourselves, nothing more. In other
words, your proposal amounts to hiring people that are as similar to
yourself as possible. I don't really know you, so I can't tell whether
this would be a good thing (or, to put it differently, I don't know
whether you are similar to myself), but standards and qualifications
exist precisely to spare people from some bozo evaluating their "general
intelligence". Have a nice weekend.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA