Re: Seek Data Warehouse Design skill

  • From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 22:06:36 +0200

I've done a good deal of hiring and interview'ing over the years. For
instance, when I started up Premium Services here, we went from zero to
32 people in less than a year. Talk about having interviews. I've come
to the conclusion that you can be misled no matter what you try.

The only objective criteria I have found so far is how the interviewee
looks.

All other things, such as exams, references from his/her former
collegues, CV's, documents of all sorts, behaviour during the interview,
ability to follow-up afterwards, and, yes, all the silly HR maneouvres
you can possibly think of, can and will be misleading in some way.

Don't let yourself be fooled: Go for the good-looking ones. Do not ever
accept a CV without a good photo included.

Now you know why I've hired people like Morten Egan, Peter Gram, Michael
Möller, and the likes. It's their looks.

Mogens

PS: I did of course attach pictures of all those beautiful men, but
Jared's attachment removal device works, unfortunately.