Re: Security Questions

  • From: Ray Stell <stellr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 11:14:14 -0500

The sans folks seem to think that having a handle on the
default role pws is a good idea, but I don't know what the
vulnerability is, note it is sev 1:

http://www.sans.org/score/oraclechecklist.php

Action Description                        Severity Level O/S   Oracle
                                          level                Version   Install
2.2.11 Audit known default role passwords 1        ALL         ALL      YES

The severity levels are set between 1 and 5 (1 indicating the highest level).