Re: Security Question - how do you deal with sensitive information hardcoded in SQL statements

  • From: Michael Wehrle <michaelw436@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 21:28:00 -0400

Jared, sorry about the link. It looks like they have since moved the Oracle
By Example series into an Apex site that uses Single Sign On. Go to
www.oracle.com/technetwork/tutorials/index.html, then click on the link at
the bottom to access the "learning library". Once you have logged in, you
can search for "Using Transparent Data Encryption for Database 10g Release 2
".

As far as the patch, it was a one-off for my previous employer. And it took
lots of support calls, involving VP level and above, finally involving some
backline engineers to fix the problem. I am not sure what they would do if
you asked for the same patch, since its not publicly searchable. It never
hurts to ask about it though, since its truly a security issue for everyone,
that is not easily worked around.