Re: Searching missing number in large data.

  • From: Christopher Boyle <cboyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nigel.cl.thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 12:14:28 -0400

Would Michael's table used as the first table in a minus query against the
production table meet the O requirement?  ( i must confess i have not worked
with O evaluations since algorithm class in college)  I believe it would
remove the presorting requirement but haven't tested so it is possible I've
missed something (and by possible, i mean the opposite of my chances of
hitting the Powerball Lottery and retiring to a tropical island)

Chris