From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dennis Williams
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 9:53 AM
To: Oracle Mailing List
Subject: Script to create schema?

List,

I am moving schemas between instances and need to make some schema
changes, like storage sizes. This is Oracle 8i, so I can't use the new
DBMS_METADATA package. Thanks to a tip from Jared Still from several
years back, I take an export file with ROWS=N and filter that with the
Unix strings command. However, there is still a fair amount of editing
to get it shaped up. I started to write a Perl script to do this task,
but thought maybe someone had already done this.

Does anyone have a script that will pretty up the output from the
export? Or a SQL script that extracts a schema in 8i?

Dennis Williams