Script to create schema?

  • From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:53:10 -0600

List,

I am moving schemas between instances and need to make some schema
changes, like storage sizes. This is Oracle 8i, so I can't use the new
DBMS_METADATA package. Thanks to a tip from Jared Still from several
years back, I take an export file with ROWS=N and filter that with the
Unix strings command. However, there is still a fair amount of editing
to get it shaped up. I started to write a Perl script to do this task,
but thought maybe someone had already done this.

Does anyone have a script that will pretty up the output from the
export? Or a SQL script that extracts a schema in 8i?

Dennis Williams