Re: Script monitoring in lieu of EMGC

  • From: Ravi Madabhushanam <ravi.madabhushanam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: big.dave.roberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jed_Walker@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 22:52:34 +0530

You may also want to keep an eye on the table DBA_FEATURE_USAGE_STATISTICS.
Below link describes the contents of this view.

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/server.111/b28320/statviews_3166.htm#I1023396

This view has information about various option usage stats, what, when, how
many times. Never know when the Oracle guys query this table and catch the
usage of features.

I guess Oracle will start thinking about uploading this information to MOS
via Configuration Support Manager. ;-)

May be its not a bad idea to enable VPD and disable access and/or updates to
this view for ALL users ;-)

Regards,
Ravi.M