Re: ** Schema change on replicated env

A Joshi wrote:
Lyndon,
Thanks. I was hoping since generate support updates the $RP stored procedure : if there is some way to make manual change (again avoidable but ....). Also I will not be able to quiesce replicaition if there are deftran. So is there a way to store those. Like copy the deftran to a new table. Then delete deftran, then quiesce and do the generate support. then break the push job then resume replicaition. then insert back the saved deftran then unbreak job. Will something like this work? Thanks

Do you have a development replication environment that mirrors your production?

If so, then attempt what you have suggested on the development environment first, see if it works for you.

--
Lyndon Tiu