RE: Schema Design for Surveys

  • From: Katz.C@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:00:21 -0500

A survey on surveys!

My vote:
1 question table, 1 response table. The question table would be wider than
the response table since it would have the question text, as well as the
potential answer texts (the choices) and a flag that would tell the
application how to display the survey page - as a radio button page or a
check box page

The answer table has the question id and user id as the key and a fixed
number of columns - checked off corresponding to the user's selection
(answers).

Why would anyone suggest multiple response tables?

ck