Scalability fo Batch Operations in RAC

  • From: Sriram Kumar <k.sriramkumar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 11:49:55 -0400

Hi Gurus,

   We are running a heavy batch operation of a banking application on RAC.
Say the configuration is a 2 node 4 CPU Itanium2 box running 9.2.0.4.

  We have batch operation that can be run in parallel. What I am noticing is
that when I run all the batch operations in node 1, it gets over in 2 hours
. During this time, the other node is not used at all.  To optimally use the
resources , I run the batches across 2 nodes, I see a degradation in
performance( the elapsed time would be around 3 hours).There are no blocking
locks and interconnect performance is good( block transfer time is around
4ms). I am planning to do a 10046 on both the scenarios and compare the top
SQL's and waits.

I just wanted to know if any one of you had faced this issue before or is
this normal?.

Best Regards

Sriram Kumar