RE: Saving STATSPACK Reports

  • From: "Polarski, Bernard" <Bernard.Polarski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duncan.lawie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<bnsarma@xxxxxxxxx>,"_oracle_L_list" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:06:53 +0200

Nice tool, I recognize the graphic lib used their but the I have still
one question :

However, how is it going to help you in ANY case when one of your DB has
run in trouble?

Basically  if you don't have  the waits event and the hash_value, nor
the SQL text nor any locking real info, in facts you have nuts. The tool
is just going to tell you that something that is poisened is not in good
health. At least in statpacks you have a section with higher SQL and
their waits states and can give an hint on were to look. here you have
just figures, numbers and no indications on which SQL to look at. AFAIK,
this is 100% useless, it is just a diary of figures but you can't
extract a direction to investigate from it.

B. Polarski

  _____