Re: Same Query, same database, same application, new plan from one environment but not from another

  • From: "Rumpi Gravenstein" <rgravens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 22:46:55 -0400

I've got the results of the traces back and it looks like the Access code is
now passing a date bind variable in as something that prevents the proper
use of the indexed date column.  I say this because when I look at the trace
I see the internal_function on the indexed column and when I run the query,
with the only modification being adding 0 to the date column I get my bad
explain plan.

What's perplexing is that everyone claims that there were no changes made.
What I know for sure is that there was an upgrade to a new release of the
Oracle Windows ODBC driver -- 10.2.0.4 ( supposedly migrated a few weeks
prior to our problem start) and that the Oracle statistics collection
procedure was changed from a 30% estimate to COMPUTE on the day the problem
was first reported.

--
Rumpi Gravenstein