SV: Re: Re: Select from dual return 3 rows !

  • From: Frank B Hansen <frank4oraclel@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rjamya@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 13:07:32 +0100 (CET)

Hi Raj

That was the issue !

system@HCRD9397> select object_name , object_type, owner from dba_objects where
object_name like '%DUAL%';
OBJECT_NAME                    OBJECT_TYPE        OWNER
------------------------------ ------------------ ------------------------------
DUAL                           TABLE              SYS
DUAL                           SYNONYM            PUBLIC
DUAL                           TABLE              SYSTEM

system@HCRD9397> drop table system.dual;
Table dropped.

system@HCRD9397> select object_name , object_type, owner from dba_objects where
object_name like '%DUAL%';
OBJECT_NAME                    OBJECT_TYPE        OWNER
------------------------------ ------------------ ------------------------------
DUAL                           TABLE              SYS
DUAL                           SYNONYM            PUBLIC

system@HCRD9397> select * from dual;
-

I will now try to hunt down the ones responsible and kill them slowly !

Thanks, Frank

rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx> skrev:
probably system owns a table called dual ... check that first.

Raj

On 11/8/05, Frank B Hansen <frank4oraclel@xxxxxxxx > wrote:Hi David

OK. Next question and some additional info:

It is only when connected as SYSTEM that 3 rows are returned. If I connect as
SYS og SCOTT, only 1 row is returned.

A select from x$dual returns one row:

sys@HCRD9397> select * from x$dual;
ADDR           INDX    INST_ID D
-------- ---------- ---------- -
01B74DC8          0          1 X

and the question:
How do I delete row number the second and third row from dual ?

Thanks,
Frank

David Sharples <davidsharples@xxxxxxxxx> skrev:
someone inserted 2 extra rows into dual, find them and tell them politely not
to do it again.
Then delete the other rows as you have a broken database right now

On 11/8/05, Frank B Hansen <frank4oraclel@xxxxxxxx > wrote: No matter what I
select from dual, I get 3 rows.  Anyone seen this behaviour ?

This space is available for rent.