Re: STATSPAK Question

Hi bunjibry

This should be as short as possible, because you can mix data (from
different process), and some data can average.
Now if the process you want to check takes 3 hours then you have to
take 3 hours.

If this only a session or report or process the problem, try first to
generate a trace file.

If you want to get the most from statspack don't forget   snap level
EXECUTE STATSPACK.SNAP(i_snap_level=>7);

Remember most of the problems you will solve using trace files, you
fix process by process , I see statpacks to keep a track of your
performance from time to time, and to do an overall diagnostic or
tuning, to find problem, once you finde something you will have to get
a trace file anyway

Compare, try using statpacks and try using trace, you 'll see which
helps you more. I think statpacks is not used too frequently, at least
for me.

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER SYS.TGR_ENABLE_TRACE
 AFTER
 LOGON
 ON DATABASE
BEGIN
 IF USER = 'CACHITO' THEN
  EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'alter session set TIMED_STATISTICS=TRUE';
  EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'alter session set STATISTICS_LEVEL=ALL';
  EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'alter session set max_dump_file_size=UNLIMITED';
  EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'ALTER SESSION SET EVENTS ''10046 TRACE NAME
CONTEXT FOREVER, LEVEL 12''';
  EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'alter session set sql_trace=true';
  EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'alter session set TRACEFILE_IDENTIFIER='''||USER||'''';
 END IF;
END;
/.
TKPROF \sbbv_ora_740.trc C:\revisar.TXT SORT=PRSELA,EXEELA,FCHELA
Revisar el archivo C:\revisar.TXT