Re: STATSPACK in 10g

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tanel@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 09:38:18 -0800 (PST)

Speaking of v$sql_plan in 9i, I have in my own notes the following.

"Don't select * from v$sql_plan in 9i. Selecting certain columns may
cause ORA-600 [504] [row cache objects]. Filter_predicates column
should be avoided (see Bug:3545517). That column could also cause
ORA-7445 (Doc:376923.995) and ORA-3113 (Bug:4035880).
Access_predicates column may also be bad (inferred from Note:340090.1)"

Basically, if you avoid selecting filter_predicates and
access_predicates columns, it should be fine. I have no technical proof.
Just empirical observation based on many times of query of that view
on high concurrent databases.

Yong Huang