STATSPACK - Rollback per transaction %

  • From: BN <bnsarma@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 10:09:40 -0500

Greetings,

Sent to wrong address...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: BN <bnsarma@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Dec 20, 2005 11:31 AM
Subject: STATSPACK - Rollback per transaction %
To: oracle-l-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Greetings
Oracle 9i Rel2 HP-UX

We collect Hourly STATSPACK snaps for the Prod. DB.

I pulled out couple of  STATSPACK  reports from on of our Production
Database, and see that
"Rollback per transaction %" is upper 90%'s,

I wanted to approach the DEV/App team to find out why are they rollingback
more than 90% of their work,

Before that I wanted to pull out the info from all the STASPACK Snaps I
have,
I looked at the spreport.sql to see how they are arriving at this number,
Not sure how I can make use of the following SQL to pull
Rollback information for all the snaps I have.

Select .....

      ,' Rollback per transaction %:' dscr, round(100*:urol/:tran,2) pctval
      ,'      Rows per Sort:'     , decode((:srtm+:srtd)
                                                   ,0,to_number(null)
                                            ,round(:srtr/(:srtm+:srtd),2))
bpctval
 from sys.dual;

I apprecaite your suggestions/help to pull this info, or if somebody has
already have a sql that they can share.

Regards & Thanks

--
Regards & Thanks