From: Jared Still [mailto:jkstill@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 12:05 PM
To: robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: oracle_L_list
Subject: Re: SSH Autologin problem

Ah, I just re-reread this.
Check the permissions on $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys2

( I think that is the file name)

If there is public (and possibly group) permissions on the file,
ssh connections will not work.

IIRC, it is a good idea to remove all public and group permissions
from files in .ssh/.

Working from memory here, as I am in class (breaktime) and
don't have access to much in the way of a system.

Jared

On 5/1/07, Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm trying to configure a 2 node RAC cluster on RH
> Enterprise Linux. I'm trying to get SSH where it will
> sign in without a password. I've gotten node1 to
> connect to node2 without a password, no problem. I
> can't seem to get node2 to connect to node 1 without
> using a password.
>
> Anyone have any ideas on this? After figuring I had
> forgotten something or was doing something wrong, I
> even went to metalink and followed document 300538.1
> to make sure I wasn't missing something. Still does
> not work.
>
> Robert
>

> Robert G. Freeman
> Portable DBA: Oracle  (Oracle Press)
> Oracle Database 10g New Features (Oracle Press)
> Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press)
> Oracle9i New Features (Oracle Press)
> Oracle Replication (Rampant Tech Press)
> Mastering Oracle8i (Sybex)
> Oracle8 to 8i Upgrade Exam Cram (Coriolis <RIP>)
> Oracle 7.3 to 8 Upgrade Exam Cram (Coriolis <RIP>)
> --

Jared Still