RE: SQL*Net message from client

  • From: "Cary Millsap" <cary.millsap@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 23:13:34 -0500

Indeed. In Hotsos Profiler v4, we already emit range (min/max) information
for call durations. In v5 (currently in development), each resource profile
row contains a histogram /picture/ that gives an instant visual indication
of the skew for a given timed event's durations. In our early testing, this
little picture has proven itself to be extremely effective in conveying the
information the analyst needs without having to break into the raw trace
data.

Cary Millsap
Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
http://www.hotsos.com
* Nullius in verba *

Upcoming events:
- Performance Diagnosis 101: 6/22 Pittsburgh, 7/20 Cleveland, 8/10 Boston
- SQL Optimization 101: 5/24 San Diego, 6/14 Chicago, 6/28 Denver
- Hotsos Symposium 2005: March 6-10 Dallas
- Visit www.hotsos.com for schedule details...