RE: SQL*Net encryption with SSH port forwarding

  • From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 01:49:58 +0800

Do you mean encrypting sqlnet data between the database and the application
server?

If you meant using SSH port forwarding for encrypting the connection from
application frontend and app server then it has worked fine for me.

I've used SSH tunneling for Apps remote administration in past (in fact we
did series of test upgrades from 10.7 to 11i that way).

We had SSH access to one box beyond customer's firewall and for Apps GUI
access all we needed was port forwarding for two ports, the http and forms
communication ones. Also for ease of use we opened the sql*net port as well.

Tanel.