RE: SQL*Net Message to client wait on batch job

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:10:33 -0400

If it ran well in 8i and does not run well in 9i then this sounds like a
tuning issue.  Capture the SQL and compare the plans for the two different
versions.  If the 8i plan is unavailable then compare the current plan to
what you think the plan ought to be.  Recomputation of the statistics with a
larger sample size might be helpful.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --