SQLLDR and unrecoverable

  • From: "Storey, Robert \(DCSO\)" <RStorey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l-freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 13:21:25 -0500

I have a 9.2.0.8 database that I do some bulk loads in once a month.
Generally this is about 750,000 records.

I wrote a control file for sqlldr and all appears to work fine.
However, the issue is that it still generates redo even though I have
the unrecoverable option in it.

Here is the CTL file.

options (DIRECT=TRUE,ROWS=5000)

unrecoverable load data

infile 'c:\loadarrest\part1.txt'

truncate

into table dcsodba.jms_arrests

fields terminated by "," OPTIONALLY enclosed by '"'

(jms_number,

control_number,

admitted_date DATE "MM/DD/YYYY  hh24:mi",

released_date DATE "MM/DD/YYYY  hh24:mi",

warrant_number,

arrested_charge,

convicted_charge,

place_of_birth,

foreign_born,

blank_null,

suppress)

The data loads with no errors and it loads in about 15 or 20 secs.  No
problem with the speed. But, today I checked and I noticed that I
generated about 3 or 4 archive logs when I ran the load (I only have
10meg logs.)

I execute the script in the directory where the infile is loaded. The
command I use is sqlldr control=loadarrest_ctl

I am then prompted for username and password and I enter those.

So, all things appear to work...accept that I generated redo. I checked
back a few months and realized I've always been generating it.

So, I'm stumped.  This appears to be the correct format.  What am I
missing?