Re: SQL*Developer, Elbonian version

  • From: Remigiusz SokoÅowski <rems@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:29:14 +0200

John D Parker wrote:

> Quest bought the developer of TOra. It used to be quite a fine little
> product. It has suffered from lack of direction since the primary
> developer joined Quest. It's far superior to sqldeveloper, expecially
> from a DBA point of view. I've tried to use sqldeveloper, but it's
> just too painful to bear.
>
> John
>
> *//*

TOra is really smart tool ;-), but SqlDeveloper plays its role also well
and You could try it once again
First version released was really poor - it wanted to much memory and
almost after 24h always crashed
However since installation of first set of available patches/plugins it
has worked quite fine (no more problems with
stability)
For DBA Tora's better indeed (*SqlDeveloper* seems to be good tool for
*sql developers* ;-))

Remigiusz

--
Remigiusz Sokolowski <rems@xxxxxxxx>