SQL question

  • From: Sandeep Dubey <dubey.sandeep@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 14:30:28 -0500

Hi,

I am having tough time writing a select query. I won't blame it on
Friday afternoon, it is really difficult to me.

Here is an example:

create table foo ( item number, part varchar2(2));

insert into foo values(1,'A');
insert into foo values(2,'A');
insert into foo values(2,'B');
insert into foo values(3,'A');
insert into foo values(3,'B');
insert into foo values(3,'C');

I want to query for item that matches exact parts given in the query.
i.e.if I query for part A, I should get 1 ( no 2 and 3)

If I pass A and B , I should get only 2 (no 3)
If I query for A, B and C, I should get only 3.

Query can have n number of parts, It should return only that item that
has exact match to parts, no less no more.

Thanks

Sandeep