Re: SQL audit

  • From: Sharon.Kovac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: rtylka@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 15:57:21 -0600

This is just off the top of my head but you could grab the information
from v$sqlarea.  Use the module field to filter for sqlplus, toad, etc.

Rich Tylka <rtylka@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
12/21/2009 02:21 PM
Please respond to
rtylka@xxxxxxxxx

Oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
SQL audit

So, I've never had to turn on any auditing within the Oracle DB...and now
the auditors want every SQL statement that inserts, updates, or deletes
data in our database.  We run Oracle Apps 11i and have Oracle 11.1.0.7 as
the database.  I know the scheduled processes, application server, and
Grid Control agent hit the database constantly, so I have two questions:

1. What's the best way to grab and save any DML sql?

2. How do I filter out all the "junk" that I don't want to see?  In
essense, I only want SQL that is run directly against the database from
sqlplus, sql*developer, etc.

I tried to explain that we only run SQL against the database when we're
fixing problems or as the solution to a customer request and we keep all
the emails and document everything, but that just isn't good enough for
them.

Any help that points me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Rich Tylka
Glimcher Realty

Sharon Kovac | RotoMetrics
Phone: +1 636 587 3600 | Fax: +1 636 587 3701800 Howerton Lane | Eureka, MO
63025 | USA
www.rotometrics.com
This e-mail message is intended only for the personal use of the recipient(s)
named above. This message is confidential. If you are not an intended
recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail and delete the original message.

.

GIF image