RE: SQL Server Admin for an Oracle DBA

  • From: "Walker, Jed S" <Jed_Walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oradba.la@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:15:18 -0600

Microsoft once gave me a free training through a 3rd party company on
"SQL Server for the Oracle DBA". It was very good because the trainer
knew both and could equate SQL Server concepts to Oracle and vice-versa.
Of course you had to listen to all the pro-Microsoft comparisons of SQL
Server 2005 versus Oracle 8i (even though I think 10g was out).

Just found the manual. It was called "Practical SQL Server 2005 for the
Experienced Oracle DBA", and the manual has the Microsoft logo on it, so
maybe just the trainer was not a MS guy.