Re: SQL Performance Problem between 2 Databases WITH FIX included for this case

  • From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 15:27:59 -0700

A 10053 trace won't do you any good if the plans are the same. But you don't
necessarily need a 10046 trace either. Just looking at v$session_event will
give you that info as well. I've taken a page out of Tom Kyte's runstats script
and created bstat / estat sql scripts. bstat save the current values to a GTT.
Estat does the same and the prints the deltas.
Or you could use Tanel's snapper script. Although that could present a problem
for the faster query.

Regards
Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation