RE: SQL *Net more data from client - waiting too long

  • From: "Polarski, Bernard" <Bernard.Polarski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>,<dd.yakkali@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 08:51:46 +0100

Basically it just means that a client started to transfer a data stream
and that the transfer is still underway (zzzz...).

There is nothing the DB can do about it. I see that very often with web
caches which are often plagued with bugs, or windows box TCP/IP stack or
networking. Another common cause is windows memory fragmentation which
reached its near termination course. Soon after there is a win box
reboot.

So I have quite often people at phone trying to explain how their client
apps are slow due to the horrible DB response time.

Strangely, it solves itself when they reboot their apps server (windows
solution solving way).

You should also note some SQL*Net to client just because the DB cannot
push all the data she would like.

Bernard Polarski

Oracle DBA

  _____