RE: SQL Language Quick Reference

  • From: "Rognes, Sten" <Sten.Rognes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 21:01:26 -0700

>> I have found the two Oracle New Features books by Robert Freeman to be
>> invaluable. It gives me a quick overview of the new features of the
>> release and clear examples. I know that sql and pl/sql new features
>> would be much larger, but it still would be nice.

On the topic of new features books - I think HJR's 9i Features Book beats
the other new features books out there.... and it's free !! I am very much
looking forward to his 10g follow up. (http://dizwell.com)

Although HJR doesn't cover every new feature, he clearly has spent a lot of
time testing the features he describes. The style is a practical approach,
similar to Jonathan Lewis' book, with less coverage of internals.

Sten