Re: SPM again

  • From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 15:37:04 -0800

Hi Brandon,

> Why not just create a few preserved snapshots at your desired interval to
> retain older plans in AWR?

The problem with this approach is this: One would need to retain all
of AWR data for *just* the SQL and SQL plans. The other is this: A
Dev/Test would run over a long period, with SQL plans *evolving*
during this period. We would not be able to get all the snapshots and
preserve them....

SPM, IMHO, provides an easy way to do this provided you are prepared
to pay for the license. Don't get me wrong: I am not advocating using
SPM right away, and we still need to work through all the bugs and
"features" :)

--
John Kanagaraj <><
http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnkanagaraj