SMALLFILE TEMP / Temporary Tablespace Groups

  • From: Wolfson Larry - lwolfs <lawrence.wolfson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 19:25:19 +0000

TIA guys.
At an EXADATA install we're using BIGFILES  except for TEMP.   Where are using
SMALLFILE (X-Team recommended many smallfiles for TEMP).
I didn't get  why.        That's because?

We are not using Temporary Tablespace Groups.   The reason we are not using
them is that a single query is limited to one TEMP tablespace.
ALTER USER scott TEMPORARY TABLESPACE temp_ts_group;  Doesn't specify
limitation.  Is this limitation accurate?

LAWRENCE WOLFSON
ORACLE DBACS1 Team
Acxiom Corporation
EML    LAWRENCE.WOLFSON@xxxxxxxxxx
TEL    630.944.2028
MBL   630.944.2028
1501 Opus Place  7th Floor, Downers Grove, IL, 60515  USA
WWW.ACXIOM.COM<http://WWW.ACXIOM.COM>

Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/acxiomcorp>        [Description: Description:
<http://www.linkedin.com/groupRegistration?gid)01735>         [Description:

RANKED #1 IN CUSTOMER SATISFACTION FOR IT OUTSOURCING
BY<http://www.acxiom.com/news/press_releases/2011/Pages/ACXIOMRATEDNO1INCUSTOMERSATISFACTION.aspx>
THE BLACK BOOK OF OUTSOURCING, 2010
<http://www.acxiom.com/news/press_releases/2011/Pages/ACXIOMRATEDNO1INCUSTOMERSATISFACTION.aspx>

privileged.