SCHEMA/OBJECT MODELING, MAPPING

  • From: Paula Stankus <paulastankus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:03:39 -0700 (PDT)

I am working on a project where we have to separate a database and schema into
two.  The biggest issue from a database-side is underlying objects called,
accessed from packages, procedures and views in other schemas that will not be
copied (at least we don't think so yet).  However, to make decisions about
using database links, snapshots, etc. to make these processes work - I was just
wondering:

  a-what is the best modeling technique to map a .Net class to a package say to
other packages in other schemas

  b-find out what packages, views, objects in schema B and schema C are being
accessed in schema A - how (CRUD), how frequently.

  This is an 8i database on Solaris.

  Thanks in advance,
  Paula

FareChase.