Re: SAN evaluation

  • From: "Andrew Kerber" <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tom.Terrian.ctr@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 08:06:11 -0500

I am sure you already thought about MTBF, but you didnt mention it.

Make sure the storage supports asynch IO and direct io.

Dont forget to ask about both access time and transfer speed.

One company I worked at did this exercise and came out with HDS as the
winner.  They seem to have been a decent choice.

I can give you further input about the process off line if you would like.
I dont really want to mention brands and drawbacks in a public forum.

--
Andrew W. Kerber