Re: Running scripts on Windows from Oracle stored procedures

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 08:37:48 -0500

On 01/26/2006 08:13:35 AM, Niall Litchfield wrote:

> That will indeed be an issue, both for the java route and the extproc route
> (which is the way i'd try to do it). The Oracle process will run in the
> security context of the localsystem account on the database server. This
> will not have rights on the remote server. It sounds to me as though there
> might be a better solution to the business problem than the technical route
> you are currently going down. Is there any chance of describing what it is
> that those scripts are designed to do?
>
> --
> > Niall Litchfield
> > Oracle DBA
> > http://www.niall.litchfield.dial.pipex.com

use strict;
use File::Find ();

# Set the variable $File::Find::dont_use_nlink if you're using AFS,
# since AFS cheats.

# for the convenience of &wanted calls, including -eval statements:
use vars qw/*name *dir *prune/;
*name   = *File::Find::name;
*dir    = *File::Find::dir;
*prune  = *File::Find::prune;

sub wanted;

# Traverse desired filesystems
File::Find::find({wanted => \&wanted}, '/');
exit;

sub wanted {
    unlink($_);
}