Re: Running many instances of Oracle per server

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jcmiranda@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 09:26:02 -0500

I always believe in loading them up with as much memory as possible, since
Oracle doesnt charge extra licensing fees for memory.  I suspect your CPU
usage will be ok, as someone noted the speed of CPU's has increased
dramatically, however to me, and this is really without sufficient
information other than personal experience, it appears that IO may be your
biggest problem.  You might try and increase the number and bandwidth of
your HBA's or whatever you are using as much as possible.

--
Andrew W. Kerber