RE: Running many instances of Oracle per server

  • From: Juan Miranda <jcmiranda@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <adb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 16:06:45 +0200

Hello

I think you can have a great ratio of consolidation because 3 years are a
looong time in ?CPU time?.

You can use this xls to compare and estimate server power.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1308790/Benchmarks_ene2010.xls

There is a lot of bechmarks in these worksheet that you can use to estimate
the future load one server can support.

The worksheet don´t have any Xeon 56xx and this CPUs are 40% faster than
55xx?

Some docs about Oracle consolidation:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1308790/Oracle%20Server%20Consolidation.pdf

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1308790/HP_linux_consolidation.pdf