Re: Running many instances of Oracle per server

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adb@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 08:24:57 -0500

I am not trying to give you a hard time at all, but in my experience Oracle
performance is much more dependent on user load than amount of data in the
database.  That being said, how busy are the CPU's in the servers you
currently have, and what does the memory usage look like?  If you have
significant physical IO, you will have to worry about overloading your IO
paths also.

--
Andrew W. Kerber