Re: Running RAC@Solaris under Veritas Cluster?

  • From: "vit\.spinka" <vit.spinka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 11:34:55 +0100

> Seems that in 11gR2 you can use DBFS for utl_file however it is only
> available for Linux and not 100% certain that DBFS will be released for other
> platforms in this Release (except Windows)

11gR2 also brings ACFS, that is cluster filesystem atop of ASM. 11gR2 for
Solaris is still hot from the printing press, so I can't confirm it supports
ACFS, but I suppose it should, it is advertised as multi-platform.
Thus - frankly, I don't see much point in not using Oracle clusterware (eh,
sorry, Oracle Grid Infratructure:-), ,marketing is again changing the names).

Vit Spinka