Re: Running RAC@Solaris under Veritas Cluster?

  • From: LS Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zhuchao@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 11:23:18 +0100

Hi

I have customer who uses Veritas because of the need of Cluster Filesystem,
specially those who uses utl_file. Other who chose ASM uses NetAPP Clustered
Filer NFS for utl_file.

Seems that in 11gR2 you can use DBFS for utl_file however it is only
available for Linux and not 100% certain that DBFS will be released for
other platforms in this Release (except Windows)

But other than that I dont see any benefits of using a third party cluster,
in fact most of RAC implementations projects I have been runs on Oracle
Clusterware/ASM, full Oracle Stack.

Ah, there is another point, ASM does not protect already used LUNs so if
system admin runs the command against the wrong disks you might end up
restoring the database.

Thanks

--
LSC